Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Timeline So Far.

Major highlights from the moment we decided to build with Allworth Homes.

  • 17/6/07 - We gave Allworth $500 for the contour survey of our land.The result was good so Terry the consultant from Allworth drew up a plan to our specifications and sent it to head office for quotation.
  • 13/7/07 - Back to Allworth to review the quote with my mate Terry,the price was acceptable so we didn't have to compromise on any of our ideas.We gave Allworth $2000 to draft the plans for our new home.
  • 9/9/07 - The plans came back a few weeks overdue because the contract drafting office was flooded with work.They do not work overtime when there is a backlog of work and so I have been delayed by someone else.THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
  • 26/9/07 - Plans sent to Shoalhaven Council after our approval.We expect council to take six to eight weeks.They send us more paperwork to fill out for firezoning and a flora and fauna study.The council has DA tracking on the internet so we can watch the progress of the paper trail.A very good tool for the home builder.
  • 10/10/07 - Off to Allworth for colour selection,electrical layout etc.This is usually a three or four hour appointment but because my wife and I planned ahead we had finished our selections in around one hour.
  • 1/11/07 - According to the website we have council approval. A few minor changes to be made because of the firezone but I can live with that.
  • 20/11/07 - Signed contracts at Allworth,I have never signed my name so many times in one day.I was told construction should start within twenty working days so I am hoping the slab will be laid before xmas.
  • 30/11/07 - The water meter was installed and a portaloo delivered.I have been told excavation will start soon.
  • 6/12/07 - Work should have started tomorrow but around an inch of rain has fallen,hope they can start next week.
I really need to see the slab in place before the builders and suppliers go off on holidays.The extended cure time wouldn't hurt and it will be good to see a reward for the six months of stress we have endured so far.

DON'T LET ME DOWN ALLWORTH!!!!

No comments: