Sunday, November 18, 2007

Introductory ramblings

I am new to this blogging thing so bear with me.A little history so that you may misunderstand me better.

My name is Michael,aged 47 ,married and currently residing in Sydney near Warragamba dam.I grew up on the South Coast and have decided to return to the area to retire,with this in mind I began looking for a property to purchase about 18 months ago.This taught me that it was impossible to find a property with the attributes I was seeking so I decided the only way to get what I wanted was to build it.

Many a day was spent looking for the elusive block of land with a northerly aspect and a minimum of 800 square metres in size with no two storey neighbours.I found several blocks like this with very distant water views and a bush outlook but I just couldn't see myself living there.The blocks were priced around $180000 which was within my budget but I continued to look for something better.After several more months of searching I came across an advertisement on the net for a block of land that sounded too good to be true.

The ad described land located close to the shores of St Georges Basin,920 square metres and priced at $195000.At that price I thought of swamp land but resolved to check it out anyway.So glad I did.

The real estate agent told me I had seen an old ad and the block was now priced at $175000 which made me pretty happy,so off we went to have a look.The block was located on a slight incline amongst existing homes and was around 150 metres from the water.Straight away I knew this was what I had been looking for so I made an offer they could refuse.After much negotiating I bought the land for $155000, gotta be happy with that.



Stay Tuned.

No comments: